Friday, June 7, 2013

God Is Faithful

God is faithful.

I'm sure that's a phrase you hear regularly, especially when you're going through a tough situation and someone offers encouragement to you.

God is faithful, they tell you.  But when you're right in the thick of a turbulent storm and everything in your life is caught up in a whirlwind, it seems like God is everything but faithful -- at least when it comes to your life.

Sometimes it can appear that God is being good to everyone except you.  Finding yourself facing heartache and disappointment continually can put you in a pretty bad emotional and even spiritual state.

I know.  I've been there.  Just a few months back to be exact.

I love the Lord with all of my heart, mind and soul, but there was a period in my life when I questioned His faithfulness to me.  Like back in September when my husband and I lost our baby when I was fifteen weeks pregnant, and one week later, he lost his job.  The months of heartache, pain, struggle and depression that followed were unlike any other I'd ever faced -- and I'm no stranger to hardship.

It seemed like all of my prayers were going unheard.  Although, looking back, I can vividly see that the Lord never failed to hear me and sustain me during that season.

But when you're in the middle of a storm, it's hard to see clearly, right?  And when things are slow in changing, it's even harder to see God's faithfulness.

There's one thing I've learned, though.  When everything in life changes, God remains the same.  His love, His care, His word, His promises, His mercy, His grace - they NEVER change.  He is the one constant we can always depend upon.

He is faithful.

He may allow things to happen in your life that you are not particularly fond of; however, it does not change the fact that He will keep every single promise He's made to you.

Although it took 25 years for Isaac's birth, He was faithful to Abraham and Sarah. (Genesis 21:1-13)

Although Joseph was the pit and in prison for 13 years, God was faithful to bring him to the palace. (Genesis 41)

Although Job had to suffer greatly for a while, God was faithful to give him double for his trouble. (Job 42:10)

One of my favorite scriptures says this, "...after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation." (1 Peter 5:10, NLT)

That is what I call faithful.

Although I found myself in the pit for a while, God promised that He would restore me.  And that is exactly what He's doing in my life.

He proved Himself faithful when He allowed my husband to now have his dream career.

He proved Himself faithful when He allowed me to write and publish my first book this past May.

He proved Himself faithful when He allowed me to host my first women's conference last weekend.

He proved Himself faithful when He completely healed my heart, lifted my depression, and restored my joy.

He did just what He said He'd do...and He's still doing it.

I don't care how bleak it looks, know that God is certainly faithful and will manifest His word and His will in your life.  Don't you dare allow the enemy to play on your emotions and cause you to believe that at your worst is as good as it gets.  He is a liar.

You shall see the goodness of the Lord concerning your life while in the land of the living.

God. Is. Faithful.





No comments:

Post a Comment