Friday, June 14, 2013

Be A Woman of Hope!

Hope is what keeps you believing for the best when life gives you every reason to expect the worst. It is that ray of sunshine that peeks through the darkest clouds. Hope keeps you going when tough challenges tell you to quit. It is that little flicker of light, buried beneath the ashes, that ignites your soul and keeps it alive. Hope is your lifeline; without it, your spirit would flatline. It can be quite difficult to keep hope alive, especially when you’ve been believing for something better for an extended period of time, yet nothing seems to improve.

 If you focus on the fluctuation of circumstances, your ability to remain in great expectation will dwindle to nothing. This is why you are admonished to keep your gaze fixed on the faithfulness of the Lord. You can never trust the situations of life to paint a true picture of what lies ahead, but when your confidence is in the Lord, you can be sure that, because He, the All-Knowing One, holds your tomorrow in His hands, He is faithful to bring His good plans for your life to pass. As a daughter of The King, you have no reason to lose hope. No matter how unpromising life may appear, He has promised you a great future, and He never goes back on His word. Hold on to the expectation that, no matter how dark or long the night, morning will come. You are a woman of hope!

Prayer:
Lord, thank You for making me a woman of hope. Life doesn’t always seem hopeful in my eyes, but help me to place my confidence and focus upon You, so that I may remain in expectation for the best You have planned for me. I cast down the spirit of hopelessness, and despite how circumstances may try to cloud my view, I will hold on to Your promises. I declare today that I am a woman of hope. Help me to embrace this truth as I move forward in becoming the beautiful woman I am destined to be. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Excerpt from Beautiful Me: 21 Days to Embracing Your Beauty Within 


Be Beautiful!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lakeisha! Found you over at "Womanhood with Purpose". Love this post. You're so right..."without hope, we would flatline", which brings to mind Proverbs 13:12..."hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life". Thanks for the great reminder to keep our hope in Him! Have a blessed rest of your weekend!

    Michell @Prowess and Pearls

    ReplyDelete