Tuesday, January 13, 2015

You Have A Sound Mind

I thought I was crazy. The kind of crazy that needs medication...or a straight-jacket. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but it's exactly how I felt.


The thoughts and voices in my head were so loud...so aggressive...so convincing. So often, I honestly thought I was losing my mind. I couldn't think straight. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't function properly. I was in a constant battle, fighting for inner peace.

Inside, I was chaotic. My mind was in a constant whirlwind, with crazy thoughts running around and around. I just wanted my thoughts to shut up. I wanted all of the voices to be silenced. But they just wouldn't stop. My mind was the devil's playground, and it was open 24/7.

I thought I'd have a mental breakdown. But it was during that time of my life that I got to know the Lord as a mind-regulator.

There were many times when all I could pray was, "Lord, help my mind." All day, every day, that was my simple prayer. And the Lord honored my request.

It wasn't easy, but with each passing day, I learned to take my racing thoughts captive and bring them into the obedience of Christ. I learned to cast down the enemy and fight Him off with the word of God. Some days, I was defeated, but I won more than I lost.

I had to work endlessly to reprogram my thoughts and do as Philippians 4:8 advises - "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

It was a challenge, but not impossible with God's help.

Turns out, I wasn't crazy or cursed. The enemy simply wanted me to think that I was so that I'd self-destruct and he could prevent me from becoming who God created me to be. He lost that battle.

It's the same thing he wants to do to you. But, as always, he's a liar.

You are not mentally unstable.

You are not crazy.

You will not have a breakdown.

You will not lose your mind.

You are not a nutcase, whacko, bi-polar or any other derogatory term he may try to convince you that you are.

You have the mind of Christ. You are perfectly sane. Your mind is peaceful. God has given you a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).

Lord, keep Your daughter's mind. The enemy is wreaking havoc in her thoughts and her mind is on constant overload. She feels imbalanced, out of sorts, and is on the verge of breaking down. But right now, oh God, regulate her thoughts. Quiet the noise. Silence the internal voices. Bind the enemy and cancel his plan of taking her mind. Give her perfect peace. In Jesus' name, Amen.

xoxo
LaKeisha

No comments:

Post a Comment