Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Goodbye...Hello


Goodbye Pain,

 I've carried you long enough. Like a newborn baby nestled upon its mother's chest, you have found comfort in my life. Admittedly, I have found an uncomfortable comfort in you. Our attachment is not normal. I have to let you go.

Hello Healing,

I welcome you into my life. I've heard so many amazing things about you, but thought I was undeserving of something so precious. You've knocked on the door of my pain so many times, but I was too afraid to let you in. Too familiar with hurt to do the work of embracing something new. Now, I'm ready. I open my heart, I evict my pain, and I give you permission to reside.


_________________________________________________________________________________
Goodbye Insecurity,

Our relationship must end. You've kept me hidden and afraid to believe that I matter in even the smallest way. You've convinced me that I am incapable of being great, and for far too long, I have believed you. I am suffocating in your grip. I need to breathe. I'm breaking the chains and walking away from your bondage.

Hello Confidence,

I am so eager to familiarize myself with you. I hear that you are the ultimate self-esteem booster. I definitely need that. I'm ready to believe what I've read and been told for so long -- I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I am the apple of God's eye. I am loved with an unconditional, everlasting love. I am God's masterpiece. I am beautiful and worthy of God's best. Yes, I'm ready. It may take me a minute to fully embrace you, but I am fully open to the strength you will bring to my life.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Goodbye Shame & Guilt,

How you've hindered me. I admit, I've been far from perfect and I've done some things that I wish to take to my grave, but your cloud of condemnation over my head is so heavy and dark. Yes, I've messed up -- more times than I care to recall - and you are a constant reminder of the wrong choices and actions in my life. I'm tired of living in darkness, blind to the possibility of living free from the ugliness of my past. I'm exhausted with beating myself up. I've had enough of blaming myself for the pitfalls in my life. It's time for us to go our separate ways.

Hello Freedom,

You are my breath of fresh air. I long for the freshness you will add to my life. I've been a prisoner to my past as long as I can remember, but I am ready to walk in your liberty. I am ready to live free from condemnation and lift my head above the messiness of yesterday. I give you permission to crush every chain, every thought, every shackle that has held me hostage. I am free!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Goodbye Old Habits & Mindsets,

I'm turning over a new leaf. My connection with you has had me circling the same mountain year after year after year, yet expecting to reach a new location. How insane! Though comfortable with you, you've gotten me absolutely nowhere, besides stuck. I'm done with you.

Hello Transformation,

"Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind..." I am ready to be transformed. I am ready for a new way of being. My old way hasn't worked, and I'm ready to cut ties with who I used to be in order to become who I'm supposed to be. I welcome the change, and I am committed to doing the work that is necessary to complete the process of transformation. I'm ready for a different, better me.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Too often, we cannot become all that God created, purposed, and designed us to be, because we have become comfortable with and stuck on the identity that life's circumstances have embedded within us. We desire change and we want better, but where we are hindered is in failing to cut ties with keeps us bound, and making room for what will set us free. If we desire to be a new creature, where old things pass away and all things become new (2 Corinthians 5:17), then it is imperative that we separate ourselves from the old.

It's a new year, and it is filled with God's grace to adapt to a new normal. You don't have to remain the way you've been, just because it's the way you've always been. No! As God's children, we are to grow from faith to faith, from glory to glory. What do I mean? We should ever evolve.

Declare today that this is where your toxic relationship ends with anything that hinders you from becoming everything God made you to be. You've dwelled long enough at this mountain. It's time to move.

Journal Activity: Create your own Goodbye...Hello list. As you itemize those things you desire to detach yourself from, detail one thing you will do to welcome the positive you desire to replace it with, and commit to actively working towards that goal. Find a scripture and write a specific prayer that will aid in spiritual encouragement as you endeavor to sever those ties. Work on one goal at a time (Rome wasn't built in a day!).

Happy New You!

xoxo
LaKeisha







No comments:

Post a Comment