Monday, July 29, 2013

You Are A Woman of Success!

Money, fame, fortune, recognition, abundance of material possessions – the world’s definition of success. If you compare your life next to that, you’ll probably view yourself as the complete opposite – a failure. The world tells you that in order to deem yourself successful, you should be at the top of the economic and social ladder, live in a super-sized house, drive the most luxurious car, and have a loaded bank account. The American Dream insists that to exemplify success, you should have a lucrative career, the perfect husband, 2.5 children, a dog, and a beautiful home surrounded by a white picket fence, all by the age of twenty-five. If you have achieved that picture of success, that is absolutely wonderful. Kudos to you. However, when your life looks totally opposite of what is supposed to be successful, then where does that leave you? A failure? Absolutely not! Although those things may represent results of success, or hard work, it is not the deciding factor of your progress in life. 

Success is about reaching goals, progressing, and becoming triumphant. All of which you possess the ability to do. If you’ve overcome an addiction, guess what? You’re a success. If you’ve worked hard to complete college, guess what? You’re a success. If you’ve simply weathered through the tumultuous storms of life, guess what? Yes, you are a success. And whatever goals you have set for yourself, great or small, you are guaranteed the ability to accomplish them, because you are destined to triumph in all things. How? Through the power of Jesus Christ. You can’t compare your life’s success to that of any other person because everybody’s path is unique to God’s specific plan for each individual life. Celebrate yourself for the things you have accomplished, and trust God to help you achieve more. You are not a failure. You are a woman of success!

Prayer:
Lord, thank You for making me a woman of success. Although my life does not mirror the definition of the world’s standard of success, I am grateful that, because I am Your child, I do not have to base my life upon secularity. Despite those things I know I have yet to accomplish, I am not a failure. I believe, by faith and hard work, I will succeed in all areas of my life, according to Your perfect plan. I declare today that I am a woman of success. Help me to embrace this truth as I move forward in becoming the beautiful woman I am destined to be. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Excerpt from my recently released book Beautiful Me: 21 Days To Embracing Your Beauty Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment