Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Beautiful Me Challenge

Strip off your makeup.

Take off your designer labels.

Pull your hair back.

Lay aside your titles.

Put your red bottoms in the closet.

Remove your Spanx.

Now, join me for the next 21 days as we discover how beautiful you truly are during the Beautiful Me Challenge.

In my new book Beautiful Me: 21 Days to Embracing Your Beauty Within, I talk about how the world has given women a false perception of beauty.  They tell us we need more makeup, more hair, sexy & top-fashion clothes, expensive shoes, wads of money, stellar success -- all the makings of a bad b*tch.

Media and pop culture pressure us into acquiring these external attributes and make us feel we are at the bottom of the totem pole if we don't measure up to its standards.

We see America's Top Models in all their perfect glory plastered on magazines and TV screens, being praised for the thick hips, succulent breasts, slim waist, and twerk-ability.  As women - God's daughters - is this the identity we limit and compare ourselves to?  Is this what sets the standards for our definition and reflection of beauty?  Is this the image we patter ourselves after?  Is this how we want our daughters to see themselves?

Absolutely not!

That twisted definition of what and how a woman should fashion herself is completely absurd and degrading.

As God's masterpiece, we are embody a different standard of beauty.  It is the kind that emanates from the inside.

1 Peter 3:3-4 admonishes this -- "Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God."

Over the next 21 days, this is the beauty we will focus on.  I will share excerpts from my book and God-inspired encouragement on seeing yourself as the beautiful woman you truly are.

We are getting down to the bare basics of beauty. I hope you'll join me.

Be Beautiful!

LaKeisha Rainey-Collins
XOXO



2 comments:

  1. I love how God is using you to reach people like me. I'm excited about this challenge! May God have his way... Be blessed sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I! One of your very first posts on this blog made me feel like I'm not alone, someone has been through what I'm going through and triumphed.

    ReplyDelete