Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Learn To Dance In The Rain

Whenever I believe that something I’m going through or have learned from things I’ve experienced can help someone, I don’t mind coming out of my private shell and allowing myself to be transparent.  Though we all have different troubles and struggles, I believe there is commonality among us all, and we can learn from and gain strength from one another.

So, as I sometimes do when I feel led, some time ago I opened up to my family of Facebook friends and shared a piece of my heart from my personal journal in hopes of encouraging someone along their journey.  This is what I wrote:

Ever since that heart-wrenching day in September when I saw our baby's lifeless little body on the sonogram screen, life has been a real challenge. Loss, struggle, pain, lack, depression, and sickness have knocked on my door, and MANY days and nights I've cried in despair. I've wanted to tell God that if I have to go through such a pit just to be more of who He's called me to be and to receive His promises to me, I'd rather just give it all up. I've wanted to say, “If the anointing costs me this much, you can keep it!” But if there's one thing I'm perfectly sure of, it's that even when I don't like what He's doing, I genuinely love the Lord and I trust that He causes all things to work for my good.

It has been a tough season and the enemy has come to detour, discourage, and destroy me in SO many ways. But in the midst of it ALL, I can testify that God has held me together and is continually pulling me through. Without His amazing grace, I'd have lost my mind. But thanks and glory to God who NEVER gives us more than we're able to bear and helps us in times of weakness.

I shared this to say that no matter what you're going through, YOU CAN MAKE IT. It may be some of the hardest challenges you've ever experienced, and you might cry, lose sleep, and feel like giving up. But if you stay with God and hold firmly to His unchanging hand, He will bring you through the flaming fire unscathed.

You have to learn to praise God for the rainbow while right in the middle of the storm. You have to decide that no matter what He takes you through, no matter what you lose, no matter how much you have to hurt, you are STAYING with the Lord. Why? Because your worst days with Him are still better than your best days without Him. Though the winds may blow forcefully against you, you should declare ”I shall not be moved!” That's my stance and I'm sticking to it! Be encouraged, friends; seasons change. For now, embrace where you are, extract the lessons, and dance in the rain! 

It’s so easy to feel like you’re the only one having tough times, but you’re not.  The best of us experience hardship; none of us are exempt.  And sometimes, life can become so challenging that you feel like giving up would be a better option than trying to hang tough and go through so much hurt, pain, struggle, and disappointment.  But as children of God, we weren’t designed to give up.  You and I are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ (Romans 8:37).  That means, not only do we overcome every obstacle, but we emerge from it much stronger than we were before sustaining it.

You can make it through anything that comes your way. How?  Through God's grace, strength, and power. That’s why it’s imperative to not allow unfavorable circumstances to push you away from God.  Despite how the enemy may play on your emotions or cause you to feel like things will never get better, stay with God.  If it’s one thing we all know for sure, it is that the devil is a liar and there is no truth in him.
If you keep your feet planted upon the Lord, the Solid Rock will hold you steady.  If you keep your hand in His, He will surely lead you through the valley.  And even when the rain is pouring down, He will keep you covered. Just praise Him through it. I’m not telling you what I heard, but this is what I know because He’s done it for me time and time again.

So go ahead and go through.  Go ahead and praise God for the rainbow even though all you see right now is clouds.  Go ahead and dance in the rain as if the sun was shining.  No matter the challenges of your current season, everything is going to be alright.

Don’t be moved by what you see or how you feel; God is still faithful to perfect every single thing that concerns you (Psalm 138:8).

From my heart to yours...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment