Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year's Prayer

As this year of 2013 comes to a close in just a few hours, I am grateful for how the Lord has kept, covered, protected, preserved, strengthened, developed and matured me. I've seen some tough days, but none of them compare to the goodness of the Lord I've witnessed in spite of it all. If you're reading this, I'm sure you can share the exact same testimony.

As we embark upon the start of 2014, I think it's only befitting that we do it in prayer.

Join me in praying today...

Lord, I thank you for bringing me through another year.  Though I have faced my fair share of pain, trouble and turmoil,and many times I wanted to give up, You have kept me in the midst of it all. I've won some battles; others, I've lost. I've been hurt, and I've caused hurt. I've been up, down, and everything in-between, but I give you praise because I am still standing. The enemy desired to sift me as wheat, and I could have easily been consumed, but Your mercy covered, preserved and protected me. I'm grateful. As I say goodbye to this year, though not always an easy pill to swallow, I appreciate the lessons I've learned, the wisdom I've obtained, and the strength I've gained. Though many obstacles came to beat me down, I realize that I am stronger, better, and more equipped to handle whatever comes my way as I continue along my journey through life. I ask now that You would heal every hurt, right every wrong, destroy every yoke of bondage, lift every burden, and loose every shackle that would hinder me from becoming, doing, and obtaining all that You have destined for me in the coming year. Transform me by the renewing of my mind, that I may not conform to this world, but to Your principles of holiness and righteousness. Draw me closer to Your Spirit, deeper in Your word, and nearer to Your heart. Help me to walk in the power You have given me through Jesus Christ, the power that enables me to tread upon serpents, cast down the enemy, and thrive in You. Restore unto me the years that I have lost and everything that the enemy has stolen from me. Disconnect me from all negative ties, and connect me with those who will encourage the champion in me. Above all, keep me close to Your bosom, rooted in Your word, planted in Your will and embedded upon Your heart. May Your wisdom and grace lead me as I acknowledge You in all of my ways. May Your goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

In this new year, may you be empowered to move onward and upward.

Blessings to you, and Happy New Year!

From my heart to yours...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment